THE KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
P.O. BOX 3449
Oakhurst CA 93644-344
The Knights of Columbus is a Catholic, family, fraternal, service organization for practicing Catholic men 18 years or older. We were founded by a devoted parish priest, Fr. Michael J. McGivney in 1882 as a family-support organization. You may have heard of the many charitable efforts of the Knights aimed at church, families, disaster victims, youth and the unborn.
1. The K of C Insurance has received a 5-star rating for the last 10 years. It is one of the best, most honest and most reliable in the USA.
2. Families in need can count on assistance from Brother Knights at the time of death, loss, tragedy or misfortune.
3. K of C supports the Shrine for the Unborn, Helping hands and our youth.
1. Parish Festival. We provide a trailer, food, and drink with 100% of proceeds going to our church.
2. We participate in the Stations of the Cross, teach RED, serve on Pastoral Council, minister at Mass and visit the sick.
3. We take 1 hour of Adoration on the first Friday's of each month with our spaghetti dinner the same day. During Lent, we have fish fries.
1. We sponsor two seminarians each year with a scholarship.
2. We support the Youth Group of the Parish with financial assistance.
3. We hold a Free Throw Tournament each January and Soccer Challenge each October.
1. We cut and split fire wood and distribute to poor families in the area.
2. We provide our trailer and food for the October Festival of Oakhurst.
3. We belong to the Chamber of Commerce.
1. There are Knights in the USA, Canada, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Guam, The Philipines, Poland, Puerto Rico and the Ukraine.
2. The Fourth Degree of the Knights of Columbus is a Patriotic degree involved with veterans, active duty personnel, and the military archdiocese.
3. We are rebuilding an Iraqi town and assisting the persecuted Christians living there.
Every member of the Knights council makes a positive impact on his community. As we minister to our communities, we influence the world for good. A Catholic Knight is a man who is living out Christian charity and defending the truth and beauty of the Church.